Monday, January 10, 2011

Speaking Engagement

When you've written the first three in a series of books about your country's history, it's a feather in your cap to be invited to speak about . . . history! So, yep, I've got a new feather in my cap: I received a phone call today with a request to consider being a guest speaker. And, so, when I got the info about the event, I gave a resounding yes, I'd be honored to talk about the American Revolution and my books at the Grand Opening of the Catamount Room, the Manchester Vermont Tea Party's new information site. The event will be held on Saturday, January 29th, from 1 PM to 5 PM. My talk will be at 3 PM. It's an honor to be asked to speak about the values held by our founding fathers . . . values that have been instilled by my family and the many, many individuals in this country who understand that we became great because of our Constitution and our Judeo/Christian foundation. Honor. Morality. Faith. Giving. Charity. Love. Commitment. Responsibility. Opportunity. Prosperity. You get all that when you have a SMALL, SMALL, SMALL government--all that, and more. If you are reading this message, I hope you add this event to your calendar! Hmmmm. Revolution, it means "complete change," "big shift," "uprising," or, "movement in an orbit." Hmmmmm. The antonym is "retrogression," or "regression." I guess I'm definately in the midst of my own revolution!

No comments:

Post a Comment